Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Time for a Run

After all that exploring, I thought on our final day I would leave the camera in the RV, and just go for a nice long run.  Here's a tip for you photographers:  never leave the camera ;-)  Turns out my run took me to some amazing places just over the ridgeline.  So I did the best that I could with my iPhone, and took a few movies as well.


Stevie Needs a Shave, Glen Canyon NRA, March 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

King of the Hoodoos, Glen Canyon NRA, March 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

Hoodoo Shadows, Glen Canyon NRA, March 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

And speaking of movies, here are four videos that might give you a feel for what was over that ridgeline.  I will say it is a good reason to go for a long run.  But next time, I'm also bringing the big camera ;-)







As I was exploring the hoodoos, I saw someone drive up in a yellow jeep and check out what I was up to.  His dog looks pretty mean in the first photo, but it turns out "Joey" is a sweetheart.  And Chris, a local, explained where I might want to run, he then waited around until I got back, and had a cold bottle of water ready for me!  (I had not brought any with me.)  And then he gave me a ride back to our campsite.  Now that's a Good Samaritan!



Looks Kinda Vicious, Glen Canyon NRA, March 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

Chris the Good Samaritan, Glen Canyon NRA, March 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

Joey is Friendly, Glen Canyon NRA, March 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

Back at the ranch, Carol whipped up some of her vegan Chickpea-Artichoke spread for brunch.  Yummy!  Recipe is at the bottom.  She also finished sewing her wall hanging (a gift for a friend), and it is now ready for quilting.


Brunch Time, Glen Canyon NRA, March 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

Ready for Quilting, Glen Canyon NRA, March 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

Finally, as we prepared to depart the next morning, and head toward the Grand Canyon, it was as if the sky, sun, and clouds got together to bid us adieu.  What a wonderful sunrise show.


Colorful Sunrise, Glen Canyon NRA, March 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

Time to Move On, Glen Canyon NRA, March 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

Carol's Chickpea-Artichoke Spread (Vegan)

2 cans (15 oz) garbanzo beans (drained and mashed)
1 can (15 oz) artichoke hearts in water (drained and diced)
1 cup chopped sweet peppers
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup chopped scallions (or diced onion, or dried onion)
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 TBS dried parsley
1/2 cup Vegannaise

Mix together and chill.  Makes 8 servings (wraps).  Roll up in a tortilla with sliced cucumber, sliced tomato, greens (optional), and sliced avocado (optional).  Goes really well with potato chips, but don't tell anyone we said so ;-)



No comments: