Sunday, February 19, 2017

Time for a Hike

About mid-way along Skyline Drive, we stopped at the Byrd Visitor Center (which was open).  Carol almost turned me in for a new model.  I better get back to doing my pushups ;-)

Carol checks out Iron Mike, Byrd Visitor Center, Skyline Drive, February 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]


John Muir's Words of Wisdom, Byrd Visitor Center, Skyline Drive, February 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

We asked here about a short scenic hike, and it was recommended that we take the Frazier Discovery Trail, which happens to briefly intersect with the Appalachian Trail.  I've often fantasized about hiking the AT, so I thought this would at least be a start ;-)

Appalachian Trail Marker, intersection with Frazier Discovery Trail, Skyline Drive, February 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

Steve Hikes the Appalachian Trail (white blaze), Skyline Drive, February 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

Enjoying my new Wide-Angle Lens, Skyline Drive, February 2017 © Steven Crisp  [Click on the photo to enlarge]

No comments: