Saturday, May 3, 2008

Alton Baker Park, Eugene, OR


Well, we came to Eugene, Oregon so Steve could run in a marathon. I you are interested, you can read about that over at Frito-a-Day.

As is our plan for this whole 2-month RV adventure, we are not preplanning our camping locations, instead trying to play it by ear. So this time we asked the marathon registration folks where we might stay. They suggested Alton Baker park.

Well, this is just a fantastic place, and is very close to Autzen Stadium where the finish line is located. Now I need to be clear that it is not completely legal for us to be here. While there are a few other RVs, they all have special permits that look like they allow parking for a month. I would have tried to get one of these, but they are only offered on Tues and Thurs, somewhere else in the city. So we took a chance, and indeed were not bothered for either of the two nights we spent in the park.


And what a beautiful park! 300 acres of trails, rivers, ponds, lawn, oh yeah, and we hit cherry blossom time. This is all about outdoor recreation and beauty. A great place to spend some relaxing time. Oh yeah, and run that marathon ;-)


And the name of the Oregon football team? Well, that would be the ducks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm Yarn Hungry Hog. I chanced by your blog looking to get description of Alton Baker Park in Eugene.
I hope you don't mind my linking this post of yours to my blog site. It's all positive write-up.
And if you wish, you can check out my blog.
Thanks.

Steven Crisp said...

Not a problem; happy you found the description useful. And I wish you well in your Marathon preparation and race. Have fun!